Get involved, become a member.
Please see our membership page.
To become a chapter member, you must be an International member. If your IIBA membership is due for renewal, please go to: http://www.theiiba.org/ and select membership to renew.
Join our Linked In Group
IIBA® Seattle Chapter Meeting:May 28, 2013 @ 6:00 PMJoin us for our annual elections and business meeting, thanking our outgoing board members, elect incoming member, and welcome the new board on Tuesday, May 28th at 6:00 PM. Our chapter meeting will be held at Bellevue College, Building NWCET, Conference Lecture Hall, Room N201.For more information please visit the upcoming events page for the May 2013 Meeting.
Check out the presentation from our April speaker, Ernie Hughes, on the events page.
As previously announced, our membership policy has changed and meetings will no longer be free for non-Chapter members:
1) If you are already a Seattle IIBA Chapter member then you're set. You have free access to all Chapter meetings while your Chapter membership is active.
2) If you are an International IIBA member but NOT a Seattle Chapter member OR if special affiliation has been established, e.g. currently a student, member of an affiliated organization such as DAMA,etc. but NOT a Chapter member, a $10 Visiting Member Meeting Fee, payable in advance, will be required. 3) If you are neither an International IIBA member nor a Chapter member, a $25 Non-Member Meeting Fee, payable in advance, will be required. Currently, the only payment options are PayPal from the IIBA Seattle Chapter Membership Page or a check mailed to the Chapter post office box. Payments cannot be accepted at the meeting location. Details are available on our IIBA Seattle Chapter Membership Page. Look for the payment options at the bottom of the page.
- Advance the role of Business Analysis as a recognized profession
- Support learning opportunities for Business Analysts to advance their skills through networking with seasoned peer practitioners and industry leaders
- Promote certification (CBAP® and CCBA®) and continuing education aligned to the IIBA "Business Analysis Body of Knowledge" (BABOK®)
- Encourage and sustain membership growth and member participation throughout the state of Washington
- Create corporate support by demonstrating the value of Business Analysis and the IIBA®
The following are the prioritized initiatives of the IIBA® Seattle Chapter Board. Stay tuned for updates on progress!
1. Reevaluate membership fee for possible reduction - DONE
2. Develop student member / meeting rates
3. Create first time visitors fee policy
4. Develop corporate member / meeting rates
5. Update and document member renewal process including board duties - IN PROCESS
6. Create a market outreach program to include presentations to interested groups - IN PROCESS, presented to the Puget Sound PMI on October 9, 2012.
7. Study group with goals for certification & follow up - IN PROCESS
8. Determine feasibility for virtualizing meeting across state (go / no go only) - DONE No go at this time
9. Conduct outreach to educational providers
10. Plan an open house for orgs/BAs/PMs/PMI - IN DISCUSSION